Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

After you pull the trigger..........

dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
Many folks here have taken Illinois CCW classes either from John and I or another instructor. At first, there was a profound lack of information which now is being partially resolved. But what I have to say here applies equally to Wisconsin CCW holders, or even other states.<br />
<br />
It seems that after a DGU (Defensive Gun Use) folks are in a state of emotional upheaval and tend towards verbal diarrhea when law enforcement arrives. Not good! After describing what happened, who did what to who, pointing out evidence, etc., it is best to delay any further statements until consulting with your attorney.<br />
<br />
Ok, how many of you have an attorney, well versed in criminal law, who you can call at 2:30 AM and get help? At that time of night you would likely have to leave a message and hope they get back to you.<br />
<br />
Then there are programs designed to provide access to lawyers, liability insurance, etc. that you can join. I've looked at a number of them and found that they differ greatly in the services they provide. I finally went with Second Call Defense (http://www.secondcalldefense.org). The name refers to the idea that your first call is to 911 and your second call is to an attorney. They are affiliated with the NRA.<br />
<br />
Your needs may be best served by one of the other providers, but the important thing is to have something - a criminal defense lawyer's phone number that will get you results within hours or one of the providers like Second Call Defense.