SB 836 Was Signed by the Governor today, July 10, 2015
We appreciate the Governor's prompt action on SB 836. This bill takes effect immediately. The State Police will begin implementing SB 836 on Monday, July 13, 2015.
SB 836 was signed by the Governor today, Friday July 10, 2015.
SB 836 contains the following changes:
Firearms Concealed Carry Act:
1. Limits the waiver of privacy rights regarding the concealed carry application to only those records pertinent to obtaining a concealed carry license.
2. Clarifies that if a concealed carry licensee presents their ICCL during a law enforcement investigative stop that it is presumed they are carrying a firearm.
3. Clarifies the definition of a "mental disability" as it pertains to persons seeking a concealed carry license.
4. Eliminates the requirement that a licensee unload his or her firearm when storing or retrieving a firearm from the trunk of their vehicle.
5. Provides that Emergency Service personnel may ask anyone lawfully carrying a firearm to secure the firearm for the duration of the contact.
6. Changes mental health reporting requirements.
7. Allows the use of a concealed carry license when purchasing firearms or ammunition.
8. Allows concealed carry licensees to possess firearms and ammunition without being in physical possession of their FOID card.
9. Changes the FOID Act to ensure that non-resident competitors may purchase firearms and ammunition at events held at the World Shooting Complex.
10. Eliminates a contradiction between Concealed Carry Act and the criminal definition of unlawful use of weapon.
Pass this alert on to all your friends and family.
Please post this alert to any and all Blogs or Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.
If you are not currently a member of the ISRA, become one today. join.isra.org