Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

A first for me!

[font=times new roman, times, serif]As some of you know I live on the beautiful Fox River. (Sarcasm mode off). [/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]We've had three Muted Swans that have been hanging around the area for the last few years. I believe they have no protected status so some "hunters" took one out here a couple of weeks ago.[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Well I was looking out the window this morning and thought, the third one is back. Nope, I looked again and there was two pairs of birds and the second pair was not the Muted Swan variety. Trumpeter Swans if I have it right and they are protected big time. Season is over anyway (today is the last day for geese) and would hope that none would be stupid enough to shoot at the newcomers to my back yard. [/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Never seen these birds except in pictures. If I get the chance I'll take pics of the new pair. Just seems that the more urban we become the more the critters figure out they're safe in that setting. Deer, geese, ducks and all varieties of critters wandering around the subdivision that were not present when I was a kid. [/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Sixty years I lived here and this is the first visit from these birds. Have springs in the one area that keep an area as open water no matter how cold it gets and that attracts to birds when everything else freezes up.[/font]

Comments

• That's cool . you get any pics?
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Not yet. It's too damn cold and they're not close enough to identify them taking through the windows.[/font]<br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]If I get a chance I will. Been a couple of days since they were back.[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Not sure if this will work. Not the trumpeter swans but about the same size and the little bird next to him is a greater canadian (the runt!). [/font][font='times new roman', times, serif]Yeah I know it rotated on me.[/font]<br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Prospective, the bird is probably about 50 to 60 yards away and still looks big.<br />
    <br />
    Denny will have to school me on how to rotate the pics before or after I add them.
    [/font]<br />
    <br />
    <br />