Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

JUST SAYING...

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Okay, I thought I'd throw this out there for what it's worth. I apologize for missing the first match and the awards to some of the original Rough Riders or Board of Directors as it is normally called. Sometimes the body says no to just driving the hour and fifteen minutes one-way to the range let alone trying to shoot. On that note I also thought I'd try and recap what was the transition or changing of the guard over the years since we got rolling. [/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif](Reserving the right to be wrong, this is the way I remember it. Was secretary / treasurer for enough years and taking a turn TG and setting stages for a while I think I know where most of the bodies are buried.)[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]The original or founding members in no particular order where:[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Mario DiGiovanni - Dirt Pyle[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Denny Granger - Dangerous Denny[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Paul Grimacer - Big Grit[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Wayne Konkle - Kocheese[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]John Moesch - Saguaro Kid[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Paul Beskow - Devereaux[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Wolfgang Kitsch - Lawman Wolf[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]More Oppenheim - Longtooth[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Mike Palenski - Dam Rd. Mike[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Dan Ridenour - Dastardly Dan[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Jim Schad - Jeweler Jim[/font]<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Keith Tillman - Pair-a-Dice[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Got together and threw some money at the idea with very little hope of recovering the start up costs not to mention the additional dollars that those who could throw even more at it. So it wasn't just physical labor but almost ten thousand dollars between the board and our benefactor Rob Arntzen who entered into the picture a couple of years later. Replacement board members initially also threw money at it without the payback so really without the combination of sweat equity and real dollars you wouldn't be shooting at the Good Guys Posse Matches. Needed both to get it done. Over time general posse members have also donated to fund other things like the shooting tables, etc. [/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Early on Kocheese determined that as landlord he probably shouldn't be on the board also. He was replaced by our first replacement member Push The Button Wyatt. Later when Dam Rd. Mike and Wolf left us we got Asleep At The Wheel and Johnny Popper to join up. Next taking "Emeritus" status was Dev, Dan and Tooth. Got Rich, Shamrock and Coot to replace them.[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]And so it continued until the last original member Dangerous Denny left the board this last year. Some of us continue to try and are looked to for advice and ideas going forward even if the physical labors have become limited. Believe our last shoot had over fifty shooters and our last match at Sharon, WI had over seventy shooters so I'm thinking if we continue to get the help you'll still have a place to shoot.[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]What does it take to get on the board? The only written requirement is two years as a regular member of the Good Guys Posse. Really what is hoped for more than anything else is the sweat equity. Keeping things in repair and setting the range up doesn't happen by itself. So if you want to sign up for abuse let someone on the board know that you want to be put in the replacement pool[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Hope I make it out there next month and hope the weather will be as nice as what you had for this last shoot. [/font]

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Well it's next month and I made it out to the shoot. Thanks to all the posse and maybe I'll try to shoot once this season if you start the new "Blind, Deaf & Dumb" category.[/font]<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman', times, serif]Special thanks to Rob who came to our rescue and continues to support us with the use of his property, Don't think Denny, Sleepy & I could spend the time or would be physically capable of doing the two or three months of labor to build the berm shield at this point and became the "Crusade" at the end of the summer when we started out there.[/font]
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Well, thanks to all who made it happen. Thanks to all who are carrying on what we started. And thanks to all who come to shoot and continue the Cowboy traditions.<br />
    <br />
    It sure was great to see everyone again and renew old friendships.................However, I noticed that a number of the Good Guys are suffering from a severe pork deficiency! <br />
    <br />
    Let us meet at the Woodstock BBQ joint one evening this week for the cure! What days and what time works?
  • How about Wed. eve for pork?
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    I think Wed evening pork sounds good!
  • shamrockshamrock Not Enough Free Time
    I'm in!!!
    Ok! Wednesday it is!<br />
    <br />
    What time??
    'Big wrote:
    <br />
    5:00?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Fine by me.
  • shamrockshamrock Not Enough Free Time
    See ya at 5:00
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]The boss says I can go. Will try and make it as I'll be coming home from "Wednesdays with Leonard" about that time. Friend with terminal cancer that some of us play cards with every Wednesday. [/font]<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman, times, serif]On another note forty seven years ago today my future mother-in-law borrowed me twenty bucks and Jackie and I when downtown bought the license and got married. Jury is still out, but the marriage might last. Not as many years as DD, but then he got her with a club and dragged her back to his cave.[/font]
    Close, but it was Illinois and clubs were illegal then.