Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

How was your day?

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Had to be in a local bank that is posted so both my guns were in the van while I was sitting away from the tellers in the personal banking area. Then had to call the wife to bring other necessary paperwork that they required for doing what was necessary for a not for profit that I'm treasurer for. So we're sitting there and finally notice that things don't seem right. Were completely oblivious to what was going on while we tried to explain things to the personal banker. Cops, radio traffic with the cops, lock down of the bank, etc.<br />
<br />
They were robbed as we were sitting there and very glad that it was an amateur who really didn't know what the heck she was doing. Had a nice conversation with the President of that local branch when we were allowed to leave. Explained that had someone come in with weapons drawn and perhaps nailed the customers also I would have been a very unhappy camper. Sitting there with two empty holsters and defenseless. Have had the conversation with him before and believe he would side with me if he could. Always use the drive though and because of circumstances have to remain with accounts at the bank. Was a much better bank before Win Trust took them over and had them post it.<br />
<br />
Thinking I might send a nice letter to corporate explaining how if circumstances had been different and turned into problems from lack of my being armed I would be suing their brains out. Probably a waste of time as an outfit as big as Win Trust most likely doesn't give a crap and is covering their behinds by posting. The last two weeks have been non-stop drama as I also live on the Fox River. Today was the capper so I'm going to buy a lotto ticket because my luck has to change at this point.<br />
<br />
Wife's niece was just commenting yesterday afternoon how ours is one of the safest suburbs and nothing ever happens in Cary.
[/font]

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    JJ,<br />
    <br />
    I'm glad you weren't made aware of the event the hard way.<br />
    <br />
    A lot of the no-carry rules in businesses pre-date concealed carry laws and the bean-counters likely figured settling occasional lawsuits from victims of violence was cheaper than settling occasional lawsuits from victims of accidental discharges. The only action that will change those minds is repeated whackings of the pocketbook.<br />
    <br />
    I'm on vacation this week and it has been nice not to have to disarm myself for 8 hours a day at work. Of course, when I travel to the Gulch, I have to unload my gun before crossing the border (pauses to glare at any FIBtard voters who elected anti-gun swine (sorry about that, Mr. ZIffel) miscreants to office.<br />
    <br />
    Snidely Whiplash
    I happened to be browsing forum posts at random and came across this one tonight. I wondered about the details of the robbery and googled "Cary IL bank robbery". Oops - all the stories that came up were about a December 1st bank robbery in Cary.

Two bank robberies within a year - looks like the quotas have been increased for non-Cook County Crooks.

I'm sure JJ will appreciate the fact that Channel 5 in Chicago labels Cary as a NW suburb of that great city on the lake.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Wig-Wearing-Robber-Hits-Chase-Bank-Branch-in-Northwest-Suburbs-461386803.html

Snidely Whiplash

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    Actually there's been a number of times that three of the banks in town have been hit overt the last couple of years.
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    Looking for the edit, but don't see it along with not sure how to get the obnoxious green color that I used in the past.  Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.  

Found the color thingy, but not sure how to check the number or ID of it to get the one I used to use.
  • Wrangler RichWrangler Rich Bronc Stomper
    Jim, you can be obnoxious without adding color.... >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
    The bank in Cary that's doing the least business should allow concealed carry on the premises and see if that boosts their revenues.

I haven't checked my credit union in Janesville recently to see if they've removed their no-guns sticker from the door, but I discovered a few weeks ago the Janesville Mall removed theirs some time ago, and a grocery store in Edgerton took their stickers off.

Snidely Whiplash