Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Props and Scenarios are FUN

With the new Cowboy shooting season due to open soon, I thought I'd throw in my "2 cents" about stages & course design. I miss the cool props. I've shot at all our area clubs and several a bit further. The addition of period props such as a coral, jail, saloon, brothel, facimile of a horse, buckbord, etc. make the Cowboy Action Shooting experience, to me, so much more enjoyable. Add to the "walk through" a Scenario of a gun fight that you are about to be part of. Scenarios do not need to be longwinded, just a quick description of looming gun fight. I've seen simple set ups such as "you're a blacksmith hammering away at your anvil (using a rubber mallet & a wooden anvil, them real anvils are too durned heavy) when some unsavory types try to bushwack you" You, of course, Dust them all. A plastic beer mug, a deck of cards, dummies that you have to rescue or a lasso to rope something easy. Small buildings that can be a Jail one match and a saloon the next. I know that designing courses, building props & setting up matches takes alot of work. I greatly appreciate all the match directors & their crew.