Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Hang Um High

Due to our insurance company notifyng us that we are not covered to have anyone camping on the club grounds, I must confirm what has been a rumuor for several weeks that camping will NOT be allowed for HUH or any other event at OSC. This has been posted on the appliction page, but I thought more people might see it here. Big Grit

Comments

• When a shooter/camper sues the range they were camping on, what do you expect to happen?<br />
    Regards, <br />
    Mike
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    Not being directly involved I don't have the inside details, but my understanding would be that the shooter ain't the one suing. The insurance company would be the villian to my understanding as they try to recover some of the monies they paid out to the shooter on the claim.
  • My point wasn't bout the shooter. when a range gets sued over liability for the ground the camper sat on, it makes sense that it would try to eliminate that liability in the future. That doesn't make the range or the ranges insurance company bad. I'm sure they never expected a shooter/ camper to sue them or the shooter/ camper's insurance company to sue them. They were providing a service. Thant service cost them money. No more service. It's a shame that it had to happen but I do understand why the outcome is what it is. <br />
    Regards, Mike
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    ?Your point being that OSC has been sued by a camper.
  • That is my point exactly, a Hang um High shooter/ camper or their insurance company has or had sued OSC. Thus the decision not to allow camping anymore.<br />
    As a match director, this kind of litigiousness worries the crap out of me. Somebody has an accident at a range and sees dollar signs, or their insurance company does, knowing that ranges are required to have hefty insurance policies of their own.<br />
    Regards,<br />
    Mike
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    Oooooh! Didn't know that that was the case. I absolutely agree with you about the litigiousness of our "society" these days. Didn't really think it would extend to the CAS crowd as they seem overall really nice people. But I guess it's a large enough group to have just what you say in it. There needs to be some serious revision of our "legal system" if one can call it that with a straight face.