Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

WTB: Pair of .22 Single Actions

All,<br />
<br />
I am looking for two .22 Single Action revolvers to get my Boys into the sport. As I will probably only get 3-4 years out of them assuming the boy's stay with it, (They would likely be ready to upgrade by then) I was looking into something inexpensive. There are models by Heritage (Rough Rider) and Cimarron (Plinkerton) which are inexpensive and probably would be good choices, but unfortunately, these cannot be shipped to an FFL in Illinois. <br />
<br />
Surprisingly, they are not prohibited in private/secondary face to face sales. Does anyone happen to have a pair they are willing to part with?<br />
<br />
While Ruger Single Sixes would probably be the best options, they are likely out of the budget, as I need to get a rifle as well.<br />
<br />
Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
-JC Deadwood<br />
<br />

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    I'd normally suggest http://gunbroker.com but I fear you'll fall into the same shipping restriction. How about posting on other SASS site in Illinois and within your idea of reasonable driving distance to see if some area cowboy has a set available. <br />
    <br />
    There are models by Heritage (Rough Rider) and Cimarron (Plinkerton) which are inexpensive and probably would be good choices, but unfortunately, these cannot be shipped to an FFL in Illinois.
    <br />
    Is that some crazy Illinois restriction? I thought the FOID cards were cheesy enough...<br />
    <br />
    Snidely
  • They can be shipped to an ffl without any problem.
  • 'Hopalong wrote on &#39;09:
    <br />
    They can be shipped to an ffl without any problem.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Have you done this? I'm fairly certain I read otherwise, but will look into it.
  • I've bought firearms from gunbroker.com without any problem. They ship it to an FFL in your area. FFL just needs to send email/fax them their license.
  • Buy the Rugers. You'll thank me if and when you you sell them. Grit
  • 'JC wrote on &#39;10:
    <br />
    Have you done this? I'm fairly certain I read otherwise, but will look into it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I have three cowboy revolvers in .44 special and a Winchester 1866 also in .44 special on their way to my ffl as we speak. I know of no reason why .22 revolvers would be different. <br />
    <br />
    Big Grit is right. You will not go wrong with the Rugers. My son is shooting a pair of single sixes right now. Next year when he switches to .38's I will save them for my daughter to shoot cowboy with in a couple of years. When she outgrows them I will sell them so someone else and get all of my money back because they are Rugers.