Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Wild Bunch Info

dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
Notice that this is mainly for major matches, not necessarily local matches.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
ATTENTION WILD BUNCH SHOOTERS
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
This is to emphasize the importance of reading the Wild Bunch rules with some paraphrasing of my own. Much of this information is from the Range Operations/Match Directors Handbook.<br />
<br />
SASS Wild Bunch Action Shooting (WBAS) IS NOT Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) with a 1911. Although it is related to CAS, WBAS is a different game with many different rules, safety & otherwise. WBAS requires large caliber firearms, high power factor ammunition and more pistol shots per stage. The next 3 sentences will raise some eyebrows, but the rules can be easily followed and there aint no reason for anyone who wants to shoot Wild Bunch matches to get the drizzles over SASS Wild Bunch rules.<br />
<br />
5 pistol and 5 rifle rounds will be collected from each shooter and bagged and tagged before or early in the match. One bullet will be pulled from a pistol round and one bullet from a rifle round, then weighed to verify a minimum of 180 grains. The other 4 pistol rounds and 4 rifle rounds will be fired over a carefully controlled chronograph using the shooters firearms to ensure a minimum power factor of 150. velocity x bullet weight divided by 1000. If your rounds are found to Not be up to snuff, you may still shoot the match, but you wont get a score. Heck, Ive been to several matches where I wished my score hadnt been posted. The rules are posted on SASS Wild Bunch website ([url=&quot;http://sassnet.com/&quot;]sassnet.com[/url]). <br />
<br />
SASS has mandated that all WB championships at state level and above be stand alone matches. This years Illinois WB championship will be held at Sparta on the 5th weekend in March. Ive been asked to do the ammunition testing for the state match. Although I plan to completely follow SASS guidelines, I will also make it as painless as possible. There are specific guidelines pertaining to setting up the chronograph station that must be followed to ensure consistency and fairness for all. I will be available to help you, NOT to trap you. I will have the chronograph station set up side match day (Friday) and also veryearly Saturday morning. I would be happy to chronograph some loads for you at those times. I will probably start collecting match ammo from you right before or a little after the main match begins. I also plan to check loads at most matches I attend in my area, free of charge, including CAS matches, if ok with the club. So bring your 1911 and rifle with ammo if you would like me to chronograph them for you. Just remember that just because a certain load chronographs at x velocity in your buddies pistol or rifle it may be higher or lower in your weapons not to mention temperature and other factors. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Shell Stuffer<br />
<br />
Sass # 33146<br />
<br />
January 2012<br />
<br />