• dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
    saf_header.png<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    SAF WINS HUGE VICTORY FOR CARRY IN ILLINOIS
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    BELLEVUE, WA - The Second Amendment Foundation has won a huge victory for the right to bear arms outside the home, with a ruling in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals that declares the right to self-defense is "broader than the right to have a gun in one's home."<br />
    <br />
    The case of Moore v. Madigan, with Judge Richards Posner writing for the majority, gives the Illinois legislature 180 days to "craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendmenton the carrying of guns in public."<br />
    <br />
    "We are very happy with Judge Posner's majority opinion," said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "This is a victory for Illinois citizens who have been long denied a right recognized in the other 49 states; to have the means necessary for self-defense outside the home.<br />
    <br />
    "In the broader sense," he added, "this ruling affirms that the right to keep and bear arms, itself, extends beyond the boundary of one's front door. This is a huge victory for the Second Amendment."<br />
    <br />
    "The Second Amendment," Judge Posner writes, "states in its entirety that a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.' The right to bear' as distinct from the right to keep' arms is unlikely to refer to the home. To speak of bearing' arms within one's home would at all times have been an awkward usage. A right to bear arms thus implies a right to carry a loaded gun outside the home."<br />
    <br />
    Later, Judge Posner adds, "To confine the right to be armed to the home is to divorce the Second Amendment from the right of self-defense described in Heller and McDonald."<br />
    <br />
    "That the court will give Illinois lawmakers six months to craft a law allowing carry outside the home recognizes that the right to bear arms means what it says," Gottlieb concluded. "The ball is now in the Legislature's court, and we eagerly wait to see how well they can live up to their responsibility."<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control. In addition to the landmark McDonald v. Chicago Supreme Court Case, SAF has previously funded successful firearms-related suits against the cities of Los Angeles; New Haven, CT; New Orleans; Chicago and San Francisco on behalf of American gun owners, a lawsuit against the cities suing gun makers and numerous amicus briefs holding the Second Amendment as an individual right.
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    In reference to the link that Wrangler Rich posted, make sure you scroll down to the bottom and vote in the poll they are conducting. Right now it is overwhelmingly in favor of CCW, let's keep it that way!<br /><br />sky-banner_email.jpg <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    URGENT ALERT – YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED<br />
    <br />
    7TH CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS DIRECTS ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO PASS CONCEALED CARRY BILL<br />
    <br />
    BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: <br />
    The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has rendered a decision in the Shepard/Moore v. Madigan case that states that Illinois’ ban on concealed carry is unconstitutional. The court further directs the legislature to pass a concealed carry bill within 180 days. Although the announcement of this court ruling would appear to be good news for self-defense advocates, it is really nothing more than the first volley in what will be a heated battle to preserve and protect our gun rights. The gun control movement, headed by Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, will be introducing a concealed carry bill of their own for the sole purpose of satisfying the court order. Madigan’s bill is sure to be a sham that will be so restrictive and impractical that only very few Illinois citizens would even qualify for a carry permit – most citizens would remain unprotected from criminals. Information obtained from within the Madigan organization indicates that the anti-gunners will piggyback an “assault weapons” ban and other onerous gun control legislation on the concealed carry bill. In order to prevent Madigan from hijacking concealed carry, Illinois gun owners need to step up and let their voices be heard on this issue. <br />
    HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET A GOOD CONCEALED CARRY BILL PASSED: <br />
    1. Contact your State Representative and State Senator. Politely advise them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you support the court of appeals decision in the Shepard case. Politely advise them that you want them to vote against any sham concealed carry bill that Lisa Madigan will try to push. Politely tell them that you want them to vote for HB 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act. Advise them that you will not support any concealed carry bill that contains provisions that would discourage the average citizen from seeking a carry permit such as exorbitant fees, impossible training requirements, or excessive red tape. Advise them that you will only support a “clean” concealed carry bill that does not try to sneak through gun control schemes. If you do not know who your State Representative and/or State Senator is, please visit the Illinois State Board of Elections website linkhere. <br />
    2. Pass this alert along to your family and friends. Encourage them to contact their representatives as well. <br />
    3. Post this alert to any and all internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you may belong.
    <br />
    Please make a donation on-line here , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. If you would like to mail or fax a donation, we have a printable form here . <br />
    <br />
    If you're not an ISRA member, now is the time. You can join on-line , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. You can download a printable application form here .
  • Merry Christmas, Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    Believe it when I have the license in my wallet.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Note to those in the Rockford area... Did any of the media cover the fact that one of the good guys won when some punk tried to rob a jewelry store? My understanding is four slugs in the bad guy. Details sketchy at this point, but glad to hear the owner of the store won.
    online_alt.jpg 0header_special_alert.jpg 0subhead_special_alert.jpg left-top.jpg 572-blank.jpg <br />
    Federal Court Strikes down Illinois' total ban on carrying firearms for self-defense outside the home or business
    <br />
    Fairfax, Va. – The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ruled today that Illinois' total ban on carrying firearms for self-defense outside the home or business is unconstitutional. The case involves lead plaintiff Mary Shepard, an Illinois resident and a trained gun owner, who is licensed to carry a concealed handgun in both Utah and Florida. The National Rifle Association is funding this case. The Illinois State Rifle Association is a co-plaintiff in this case.
    <br />
    “Today’s ruling is a victory for all law abiding citizens in Illinois and gun owners throughout the country,” said Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of NRA. “The court recognized that the text and history of the Second Amendment guarantee individuals the right to carry firearms outside the home for self-defense and other lawful purposes. In light of this ruling, Mary Shepard and the people of Illinois will finally be able to exercise their Second Amendment rights.”
    <br />
    On September 28, 2009, while working as the treasurer of her church, Ms. Shepard and an 83-year-old co-worker were viciously attacked and beaten by a six-foot-three-inch, 245 pound man with a violent past and a criminal record. Ms. Shepard and her co-worker were lucky to survive, as each of them suffered major injuries to the head, neck and upper body. Ms. Shepard's injuries required extensive surgeries and she continues physical therapy to this day attempting to recover from her injuries.
    <br />
    In today’s decision, Judge Richard Posner ruled that Illinois’ ban on carriage is unconstitutional. The Judge went on to say, “One doesn’t have to be a historian to realize that a right to keep and bear arms for personal self-defense in the eighteenth century could not rationally have been limited to the home. . . . Twenty-first century Illinois has no hostile Indians. But a Chicagoan is a good deal more likely to be attacked on a sidewalk than in his apartment on the 35th floor.”
    <br />
    "Today's ruling is a major victory for law-abiding Illinoisans—and for everyone who understands that the Second Amendment protects the right both to keep arms, and to bear arms," added Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. "This ruling makes clear that Illinois cannot deny law-abiding residents the right to carry a firearm for self-defense outside the home. This is a step in the right direction for all gun owners. We know it probably won’t be the end of this case, and we’re ready to keep fighting until the courts fully protect the entire Second Amendment."
    <br />
    View the entire ruling here.
    <br />
    <br />
    -NRA-<br />
    Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. Four million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociationand on Twitter @NRA.
    'Johnny wrote:
    <br />
    Merry Christmas, Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Best Christmas present I've had in years. But JJ is right, until it's in my pocket, I'm not holding my breath. The Chicago liberal anti-gun media are already talking extensive training, FBI background checks and a host of other obstacles they hope to put into the legislation to discourage applications. More court battles are on the way.
    'jeweler wrote:
    <br />
    Believe it when I have the license in my wallet.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Note to those in the Rockford area... Did any of the media cover the fact that one of the good guys won when some punk tried to rob a jewelry store? My understanding is four slugs in the bad guy. Details sketchy at this point, but glad to hear the owner of the store won. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Since your search engine does not appear to be working, look here - http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1926895455/Teen-killed-in-jewelry-store-robbery-lived-nearby
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    OMG! I feel so sorry for you poor residents of Illinois. If you get concealed carry, it will be like the wild west, the streets will be littered with bodies, rivers of bloo... oh wait, you already have that. It's called metropolitan Chicago with zero gun tolerance.<br />
    <br />
    Those of us who have occasion to visit certain low-lying areas of Illinois, or travel through Illinois to get to to one of the dozens of other states with concealed carry, will keep our fingers crossed and hope for cheesehead/fib reciprocity.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Snidely
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    Regarding the Rockford Register Star article about the jewelry store robbery:<br />
    http://www.rrstar.co...ry-lived-nearby<br />
    <br />
    Brandon Pierce was kind-hearted and giving, his father said. The kind of kid everyone loved when they met him. But Pierce also said his son was troubled.<br />
    <br />
    He was a teen high school drop-out with a pregnant girlfriend. <br />
    He had a history of fighting at Harlem High School where he was a student two years ago. <br />
    He had served juvenile probation for possession of a stolen ATV.<br />
    Brandon had bounced from living in the Rockford area to living with his mother in Indiana and back to Rockford following his father’s July release from prison on an armed robbery charge. <br />
    <br />
    It's sad that "Dad" didn't spend less time in prison and more time raising his son properly. I hope he doesn't have a hand in raising the grandchild.<br />
    <br />
    Brandon struggled to find work and was desperate for cash when he walked into the jewelry store about 5 p.m. Friday, Pierce said.<br />
    Although police have said Brandon was armed with a “handgun,” his father said it was actually a pellet gun. An undisclosed employee opened fire. Brandon was shot twice in the chest, once in the side and once in the arm, according to what a family member said they were told by authorities.<br />
    <br />
    “We live in a society with laws, we have a police department to handle things,” Pierce said. “My son’s life to them was worth nothing more than a handful of jewelry when their lives weren’t even being threatened. It disgusts me.”<br />
    <br />
    (I suppose the liberal "fix" would be for Rockford to pass a "Let the armed robber shoot first to prove it's not just a pellet gun." ordnance.)<br />
    <br />
    I wonder if the reporters thought about asking Pierce if he felt bad for the fear and stress his son brought upon the jewelry store employee(s), the loss of business the store incurred due to closing during the police investigation and the hassle of dealing with non-customer gawkers that clogging the premises during the important holiday season shopping days?<br />
    <br />
    The job market is tough enough these days without people having to worry about being shot on the job, or if Obama-Care is going to cover their Post-Traumatic-Stress Syndrome treatments after a career at the local convenience store, jewelry shop, or branch bank.<br />
    <br />
    Public records show Michael Pierce is on parole from the Sheridan Correctional Center where he had been incarcerated since Sept. 25, 2008, on a nine-year sentence stemming from an armed robbery conviction.<br />
    <br />
    Snidely
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    I'm afraid any comments I might add to the robbery thing might be inappropriate and give details that some might prefer were not given out. Let's just say your employees (women folk) might not do well with something like this in the aftermath and if presented with the situation I'm hoping most would not hesitate to defend themselves. <br />
    <br />
    This year there were two other instances where the bad guys won and two killed in our suburbs that I never saw the media cover. Desperate people do desparate things and I hope I never get tested... We have been "cased" many times now and to this point have not been revisited
    'jeweler wrote:
    <br />
    We have been "cased" many times now and to this point have not been revisited<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Well, a semi on the hip and that no-nonsense penetrating stare probably ran them off into the next county.
  • The "pattern" for these people is ALWAYS the same..very predictable.......hey what line do i get in for that CCP?
  • 'jeweler wrote:
    <br />
    I'm afraid any comments I might add to the robbery thing might be inappropriate and give details that some might prefer were not given out. Let's just say your employees (women folk) might not do well with something like this in the aftermath and if presented with the situation I'm hoping most would not hesitate to defend themselves. <br />
    <br />
    This year there were two other instances where the bad guys won and two killed in our suburbs that I never saw the media cover. Desperate people do desparate things and I hope I never get tested... We have been "cased" many times now and to this point have not been revisited<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    yeah......i wanna hear those details....ummm...a ha
    israemblem.JPG <br />
    <br />
    ISRA Thursday Bulletin<br />
    December 13, 2012<br />
    <br />
    EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE <br />
    The last few days have been astounding for gun owners in Illinois and across the nation. The decision of the 7th Circuit Court has certainly put everyone on notice as to the right of self-defense everywhere. On January 3rd the legislature goes into session. We can expect the anti-gun mob to pull out all stops in their attempts to stop concealed carry in Illinois. If they can’t stop CCW You can bet they are going to try to make CCW in Illinois as difficult and limited as possible. Gun rights in Illinois is always going to be a tough fight. The Illinois State Rifle Association never said it was going to be an easy fight or even that we would win every battle. What we did promise was that we would fight as hard as we could for gun owners in Illinois and that we would never quit. We have done that with your help-our members. <br />
    <br />
    The fight for our gun rights is far from over. A strong membership is the key to victory. I am asking all of you to recruit as many members as possible and prepare for the toughest Spring Legislative Session we have ever faced. <br />
    <br />
    Thank you for being a member. <br />
    Richard Pearson<br />
    ISRA Executive Director