Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Range Prep

The Rough Riders would like to invite you to a Dry Gulch Clean Up Day!!<br />
<br />
<br />
We would like some help getting the range ready for the shoot on Sunday 4/28/13. If you could join us about 1:30 pm Sunday 4/21/13, the help would be greatly appreciated. The winter was not too kind to the Dry Gulch.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
Johnny Popper

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Please check the web site before coming out as the work is to correct what Mother Nature did to us with all the rain and as I type this in the range is getting pounded again right now. If the road will not permit we will post something here, but I'm hoping we should be dry enough to try and prep Not So Dry Gulch Ranch on Sunday.[/font]
  • Also to any that are attending, there is a bad spot in the driveway by the house. You should be able to drive with one tire on one side and the other on the other side.<br />
    Be Carefull!!<br />
    <br />
    JP
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]As some of you know I live on the beautiful Fox River. It's getting ugly and I'm wondering what the range looks like.[/font]<br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]So again, please check the web site befor ecoming out Sunday...[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]As I sit typing this the water is about eight to twelve inches off the highs that I have only seen twice before in about fifty years of living on the river. As the water will soon be lapping on the corner of the house (and basement under it) I might have to stay a little close to the ranch as it were. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If we have power failure I have to be here to start the generator to back feed the house with power or loose everything in the basement. Might not be able to join the party at the range unless the river has crested and is starting back down. <br />
    <br />
    Mother Nature can be very unforgiving sometimes and those that have told me what a beautiful spot I have here with my house should visit me now to see the other side of what sometimes takes place...<br />
    <br />
    Perhaps some pictures later if this technically challenged old fart can get his daughter to take and post some here...
    [/font]
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    The JJ residence will be moving to Algonquin any day now!<br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Have had the water lapping very close to that air conditioning unit and the corner of the house. Again, there's a basement under that shack and a eight to twelve inch raise will put the water on the corner of the house. Wife just called to say the washing machine just crapped out so if we do flood that's one less appliance I would have had to replace as it will be replaced anyway on Monday (MAYBE!)[/font]<br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Anyone want to go fishing?[/font]
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    JJ, perhaps you should start with a sand-bagging party at your place in the morning, and then, weather permitting, move the fun to the Gulch?<br />
    <br />
    Snidely
    'Snidely wrote:
    <br />
    JJ, perhaps you should start with a sand-bagging party at your place in the morning, and then, weather permitting, move the fun to the Gulch?<br />
    <br />
    Snidely<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Unfortunately part of the house has a crawl space under it and the access to that is now eight inches from overflowing into the basement. This could also be sand bagged, but when you have the type of pressure generated by eight foot plus in the water table it WILL FIND A WAY to seep into the basement from somewhere. New cracks and or seepage developes to keep the pumps busy.<br />
    <br />
    Been here before and you just have to wait it out and have the pumps and back up power to run them. Twice before it was worse than it is now, but then this one hasn't crested yet
    [/font].
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Update from this afternoon...[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Neighbor to the west...[/font]
    Happy Spring!
    edited April 2013
    4:55 P.M. UPDATE: The Lake County Emergency Operations expects the water level in the Chain O’Lakes to rise another 6-12 inches.
    <br />
    <br />
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Water levels will remain near crest-level for about a week, with an anticipated slow fall to normal levels.[/font]
    <br />
    <br />
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fox River downstream from the Chain is a concern, with road impacts and possible residential flooding at and south of Rawson Bridge Road, which is closed, Lake County said.[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Another twelve inches and I got problems!<br />
    <br />
    It's also interesting to sit and watch what comes down the river which is probably moving along at about ten miles an hour. People who haven't lived here long have no clue what they're up against. Just saw a section of pier with a picnic table and then a bunch of lumber stacked on top of it float by. An extremely fine job of balancing the weight on top of the pier, but floating down river just the same with the pier section under water and unseen but you know it's there underneath that engineering marvel on top of it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Then there will be those #@%$;*&^ who launch their power boats before the river is open and ignore the fact that the river is closed or No Wake! The damage they cause can be considerable after you think you've beaten the problem with all your efforts to make it through the flooding.
    [/font]<br />
    <br />
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Think it has crested. Came up about another five or six inches vertically and another foot or so up the lawn. Will probably go out to the range, but will just be delivery...[/font]