Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

ISRA Thursday Bulletin

israemblem.JPG ISRA Thursday Bulletin<br />
8/15/2013<br />
<br />
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE <br />
Right now I'm in Sparta Illinois at the Grand American trap shoot. It is great to see all those shot-gunners here in Illinois. I have been watching the scores when I can and I have to tell you some of those young shooters from Illinois have a great future in trapshooting. This is a wonderful year to be here. The temperature has been cool and the scores are really good. If you have never been to Sparta during the Grand American you should plan to come next year.<br />
Below in this edition of the Thursday Bulletin you will see references to the Mayors Against Illegal guns (MAIG). It seems our efforts have been noticed by other states. Today I will be sending some of our information on these people to other state associations. It is important to network with others to fight these carefully orchestrated attacks on our Second Amendment Rights. It would be more fitting if they changed their name to reflect their true goals. I suggest Mayors Against Good Gun Owners' Treasures ( MAGGOT)<br />
<br />
Don't forget our meeting at the Diplomat West in Elmhurst on August 22, 2013. More meetings will be planned throughout the state. <br />
Thanks for being a member. <br />
Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director
<br />
At The Range (Upcoming)
<br />
Smallbore League
<br />
Women On Target, pistol
<br /> <br />
Bench Rest League
<br />
In the News
<br />
Cook County Sheriff's Office Confiscates 200th Gun From Revoked FOID Card Holders This Year<br />
<br />
Impatient gun buyers, dealers are acting like toddlers (author is a leader in ‘Mom’s Demand Action’)<br />
<br />
An Unintended Consequence?<br />
<br />
Purported U.N. disarmament document long on hysteria, short on provability<br />
<br />
Indisputable Proof of more Cirque du Soleil Stats from the Gun Control Cultists.<br />
<br />
More BS Statistics<br />
<br />
CSGV Geography Fail<br />
<br />
<br />
On Target Radio, WIND Radio 560 “Listen Live”9pm to 10pm Sunday Night 8/11 <br />
<br />
Legislative
<br />
Municipal "Assault Weapon" Ban results <br />
District/Official Search Page <br />
Gun Shows<br />
(Check our calendar for more details!
<br />
New Berlin Gun Show Aug. 17 & 18 Sangamon County Fairgrounds New Berlin, IL <br />
Decatur Gun Show Aug 17-18 Decatur Civic Center <br />
Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) Highlight
<br />
Illinois State Rifle Association To Turn Heat Up On Suburban And Small Town Mayors<br />
<br />
Nebraska is a MAIG FREE zone<br />
<br />
Bloomberg’s MAIG has made major inroads in Illinois. Check to see if your mayor is on the list of members. Our Illinois Mayors need to be informed of the allegations against MAIG, its obvious divergence from its stated agenda and encouraged to withdraw their membership.<br />
<br />
Remember to be polite and professional. Present them with the facts that MAIG has nothing to do with 'Illegal Guns' and everything to do with making gun ownership illegal.<br />
<br />
Please forward on any correspondence you receive regarding this matter to the ISRA. <br />
Carbondale,IL<br />
Joel Fritzler<br />
jfritzler@ci.carbondale.il.us<br />
Ph: 618-457-3229<br />
<br />
Elgin, IL<br />
David Kaptain<br />
mayor@cityofelgin.org<br />
Ph: (847) 931-5590<br />
Fx: (847) 931-5610
<br />
Notices
<br />
What has the ISRA done to support your firearm rights? Has anyone ever asked you this? Click here! <br />
Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook. Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today!