Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Thursday Bulletin - I saw this coming!

dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
Yes, SK and I saw this coming and explains why we are so fussy about our training classes.
<br />
<br />
<br />
17.gif
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
ISRA Thursday Bulletin - December 12
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font] <br />
<br />
Recently, I have received phone calls from people who said they know CCL instructors who will "sign off" on their permit with little or none of the required training in Illinois. I have had calls from police departments with the same complaint. I consider any instructor who would engage in any of these shortcut activities to be nothing more than a charlatan. In fact, in my view this borders on criminal activity and I would also warn anyone who takes these shortcut classes that they are extremely foolish. I realize that you may not like the law, but that is not the point. It is the law, and we should obey it, but that does not mean we won't try to change it in the future. <br />
<br />
I have been a firearms instructor for many, many years, as well as a certified teacher. I take education seriously. As an instructor, when a student comes to you, it is incumbent on you to do the very best job you can. The student is depending on you to be fair, honest, and knowledgeable. Anything less than that is a disservice to everyone. <br />
<br />
In the case of a CCL holder, not only are their lives on the line, so are their loved ones, and possibly innocent persons they have never met. The knowledge and skills you have learned come into play, should you become involved in a dynamic critical incident. If you have not been taught properly, you may find yourself in trouble along with those depending on you. If you are attacked and have to defend yourself, someone you love, or some innocent person, you will suddenly discover that on-the-job training is a poor plan. Instructors and students alike need to think about that. When we chose doctors or attorneys, do we look for the cheapest or the quickest? No, we ask our friends who the best doctors or attorneys are that they know. We know our lives, the lives of our family, and our future depend on these professionals. Why would you do anything less when choosing a CCL instructor? <br />
<br />
In time, the Illinois State Police will develop a system to cancel the credentials of unscrupulous instructors, and with that, they may cancel the CCL permits of anyone foolish enough to take classes from them. In the meantime, if you are an NRA instructor engaged in any such nefarious activity, and I find out about it, I will have your NRA credentials cancelled (Yes, I can actually do that). <br />
<br />
There is a sign on my office wall that has a Sioux Indian saying: "We are forever known by the tracks we leave." Instructors should always do their best to teach the subject matter the best they can. Students should seek to glean every grain of knowledge they can. I am proud to be a gun owner and firearms instructor. Let's all do our best job, both instructor and student. <br />
<br />
Additional Bulletin - CCL and IGOLD <br />
<br />
Well there's certainly no doubt that the holiday season is in full swing. Thanksgiving and Black Friday are both behind us and we're on the glide path to the Christmas and New Years holidays. I know that gift shopping and social obligations leave little room on your plates but there were some important happenings recently in the gun-rights arena that I think you need to know about. <br />
<br />
On December 3rd, the two chambers of the Illinois General Assembly concurred on a number of measures intended to fine tune fingerprint, training, and some administrative requirements under the concealed carry bill that was passed last summer. These important changes will make the law better and more user-friendly to law-abiding individuals who wish to apply for carry permits. We are hopeful that the Governor will sign these tweaks into law. However, you may wish to call Governor Quinn's office and politely ask that he sign SB114 into law. <br />
<br />
Legislative action in Springfield isn't the only thing of recent note to Illinois gun owners. By now, many of you have probably seen news stories reporting that Chicago is enjoying the fewest number of murders since 1965. Those news items also report that shootings in the city are down 25% over 2012 with the overall crime rate being down about 15%. <br />
<br />
A reasonable person would certainly wonder what is behind the improving crime picture in Chicago. Of course, there are probably as many suggestions as to why this phenomenon is occurring as there are politicians in the city. Personally, I have no idea what is behind the drop in crime. However, I do know it's not the result of gun control since the ISRA has been instrumental in shutting down the Chicago delegation's campaign to take your guns away from you. Thus, the 25% drop in shootings this year is not a result of licensing, registration, one gun a month, gun taxes, or assault weapons bans. What we see happening with Chicago's rate of violent crime points to what we have been saying for years. That is, it is not necessary to trample on the rights of law-abiding gun owners to reduce crime. <br />
<br />
Please keep in mind that the 2014 edition of IGOLD will take place on March 5th, 2014. So mark your calendars and plan on attending this special event. The theme of the 2014 IGOLD is, "We're Not Going Away." That theme is very appropriate as many legislators believe that, now that concealed carry is law, gun owners will just fade into the woodwork. But, you and I know that is not the least bit true. <br />
<br />
So, until next week...remember to cherish your rights and remain true to our Constitution! <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for being a member.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director<br />
<br />
[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]At The Range (Upcoming)[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Rifle and Pistol Matches Dec 14<br />
call the ISRA office for more details [/font]
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Play Poker with Santa - Match Dec 15 [/font]
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
ISRA Academy
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
AR15 - Care and Maintenance - Chatsworth - Jan 11
<br />
<br />
<br />
AR15 - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Jan 25
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Legislative[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]CCW Prior Training Credit[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Concealed Carry Fireams Instructor Information[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]District/Official Search Page[/font] <br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Gun Shows[/font]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif](Check our [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]calendar for more details![/font]
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Collinsville Gun Show[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Dec 14-15 Gateway Center, Collinsville, IL [/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]McHenry County Gun Show [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Dec 22 Holiday Inn, Crystal Lake, IL[/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Notices[/font]
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Illinois State Police (ISP) concealed carry license(CCL) information[/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]What has the ISRA done to support your firearm rights? Has anyone ever asked you this? Click here![/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today[/font] <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=tahoma, sans-serif][font=tahoma,sans-serif]Forward this email
[/font] [/font]