Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Private firearms transfer

dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
New this year! Keep your butt and your buddies butt out of trouble.<br />
<br />
430 ILCS 65/3(a-10) - Any person who is not a federally licensed firearm dealer and who desires to transfer or sell a firearm or firearms to any person who is not a federally licensed firearm dealer shall, before selling or transferring the firearms, contact the Department of State Police with the transferee's or purchaser's Firearm Owner's Identification Card number to determine the validity of the transferee's or purchaser's Firearm Owner's Identification Card. This subsection shall not be effective until January 1, 2014. The Department of State Police may adopt rules concerning the implementation of this subsection. The Department of State Police shall provide the seller or transferor an approval number if the purchaser's Firearm Owner's Identification Card is valid. Approvals issued by the Department for the purchase of a firearm pursuant to this subsection are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
<br />
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View the entire Gun Safety and Responsibility Act on the Illinois General Assembly's website at http://www.ilga.gov/...98/098-0508.htm.[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Web link here - http://www.isp.state...oid/foidp2p.cfm[/font][/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Or you can call 217 524-3847 during normal business hours. The web facility is available 24/7[/font]

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]As usual I ain't sure that I understand the law. <br />
    <br />
    When did they pass this little gem!???<br />
    <br />
    If I read it right it is only for private transactions that take place on the grounds of a "gun show."<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If all buying and selling now must be run through a background check I'm not a happy camper because I have a number guns that I was considering selling this year.
    [/font]
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Passed some time ago but effective today. My understanding is that it applies to all private transfers that do not involve an FFL. But I've been wrong before. This was overshadowed by the CCW stuff and was sort of shoved into the background. I suspect we will learn more in the future. Remember this is for your own good and will reduce violent crime in Illinois.
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Talked to IL State Police today and they confirmed that ALL FIREARM SALES in the state now have to be run through their system to validate status of the buyer's FOID card.<br />
    <br />
    PAIN IN THE
    [/font][font=times new roman, times, serif]…![/font]