<br />
<br />
ISRA Thursday Bulletin - January 2
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]2013 Report[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]2013 was a watershed year for the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA). At the very beginning of 2013 the ISRA was under fire from all sides because of the terrible tragedy in Connecticut. The anti-gunners were on the attack. By the end of 2013, the strength, commitment, and tenacity of the ISRA was well demonstrated - let ISRA's record speak for itself:[/font] <br />
<br />
1. We passed concealed carry, and had to override the Governor's veto to do it. <br />
2. We passed a bill to "clean up" the concealed carry bill. <br />
3. We had over 8,200 attendees at the Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD), despite the <br />
snowstorm some of us experienced. <br />
4. We won pro-gun court decisions in both the Aguilar and Shepard vs. Madigan cases. <br />
The courts found the State could not ban carrying a firearm outside the home. <br />
5. We wrote curriculum and lesson plans for concealed carry license classes and shared it with <br />
every instructor who wanted to use it. <br />
6. We trained directly, or aided in the training, of tens of thousands of people by listing classes on <br />
our Web site, and passing out gun safety literature. <br />
7. We defeated dozens of anti-gun bills introduced into the Illinois legislature. <br />
8. We reached a total membership of nearly 30,800! I can't stress enough how important these <br />
membership numbers are. Without members, we would have achieved few, if any of these <br />
victories. <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]If someone had told me 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago, that I would be writing these accomplishments on paper, I would not have believed them. I am proud of what we have done so far - every ISRA member deserves credit for them.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]2014 - The Road Ahead[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I often say that a large, active membership is what it takes to defend our Second Amendment rights and promote pro-firearm agenda. In the year ahead, let's strive to build a much larger and stronger membership. I would be happy to see our membership grow to 37,000 members or more.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Though the future is filled with as many pitfalls as in the past, and the anti-gun crowd is getting ever more sophisticated in their attacks, I am confident we will see many victories in our pro-gun agenda. Our strength will again be demonstrated in our annual ascent on Springfield, also known as IGOLD, which will take place on Wednesday,March 5th. The 2014 elections are upon us - they are going to be critical to Illinois. Similarly, the 2016 elections will be critical to both Illinois and the Nation.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] In the next few years we will face the happy challenge of educating many new gun owners who will be seeking conceal carry licensees; I am sure we will also be finding requests for many other types of training as well. It is important that all those who are enjoying the new freedoms become ISRA members - in numbers lay strength.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for being an ISRA member.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I wish each of you a very happy and prosperous New Year![/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director
[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]At The Range (Upcoming)[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
<br />
Winter Wars 2014! Jan 11
<br />
<br />
<br />
ISRA Academy
<br />
<br />
AR15 - Care and Maintenance - Chatsworth - Jan 11
<br />
<br />
AR15 - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Jan 25
<br />
<br />
AK47, SKS, Moisin-Nagant - Care and Maintenance - Chatsworth - Feb 1 <br />
<br />
AK47, SKS, Moisin-Nagant - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Feb 8 <br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Legislative[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]CCW Prior Training Credit[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Concealed Carry Fireams Instructor Information[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]District/Official Search Page[/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Gun Shows[/font]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif](Check our [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]calendar for more details![/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]DuPage County Gun Show[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Jan 5, DuPage Fairgrounds [/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Notices[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Illinois State Police (ISP) concealed carry license (CCL) information[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]What has the ISRA done to support your firearm rights? Has anyone ever asked you this? Click here![/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today[/font]