Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

And it continues......

Still many reports of folks having problems with CCW applications due to fingerprints not being available at the ISP.<br />
<br />
Here is a quote from a vendor/instructor -<br />
<br />
As most of you know, I am both an instructor and a live scan vendor. I am not one of those live scan vendors who just became a live scan vendor for concealed carry. I've been a live scan vendor for years.<br />
<br />
Above being a live scan vendor and an instructor, I am big supported of the 2A.<br />
<br />
That being said, what I am about to say will make me very unpopular with live scan vendors. Here goes...<br />
<br />
I have reached out to my contacts at the ISP Bureau of Identification (the division of the ISP that live scan vendors work with). I have also helped some people get through the online application process who, for various reasons, needed help. I have figured out the 90% completion issue with the message that your TCN is not in the system.<br />
<br />
What the ISP Firearms Services Bureau has done is tied that online application to the response from your live scan fingerprinting transaction. What this means is that if the FSB does not have the response from the BOI, you get that message that your TCN is not in their system. It takes a live scan transaction anywhere from minutes to days to process through the BOI. I am not sure how long it takes the BOI to send responses to the FSB. So what this means is that if there is any delay on the BOI processing side (your vendor did not transmit your transaction timely, the BOI computers are down/running slow, your transaction has a quality issue and you were put into a manual review process, you have an arrest with no disposition, etc...), you will get stuck at the 90% stage.<br />
<br />
I have sent this information to a high-level contact at the BOI. The way the FSB is handling this with sticking people at 90% while they wait for the response from the BOI, approximately 10 to 20% of people who get the optional live scan fingerprinting done will get delayed as a direct result of getting the optional live scan fingerprinting done.<br />
<br />
I am hoping that when my contact at the BOI passes that insight on to people at the FSB that they decide to remove the feature that ties the online application to the BOI results. If they do not do that, they have setup a situation whereby 10 to 20% of the people who get the optional live scan fingerprinting are delayed as a direct result of paying for the optional live scan fingerprinting that they hoped would speed up the issuance of their FCCL.

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Guess Lizzie and I are lucky to have picked Denny and the fingerprint guy that we used. Thinking that the number we have is actually going to be processed before many with lower numbers if what I'm hearing is true. [/font]
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    My understanding is that the numbers are assigned as soon as you start your application, even if it is not completed due to some problem or another. There is a way to fake their system into showing you your number on an incomplete application. But I'm not going to post that here. Suffice to say that the applications don't seem to be processed by the assigned number. You'll get it when you get it.
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Todd Vandermyde of the ISRA says:<br />
    <br />

<br />
    Just got done at the capitol dropping off the first round of carry bills we will introduce to start fixing things. More are coming.<br />
    <br />
    I have received a few calls and emails about the carry process not working. Most all of them can be traced to accubiometrics (sp). One person who contacted me and then chased down the problem was told they would be sitting on prints until the 5th. I now see from calls and posts here that they are starting to send them. <br />
    <br />
    My bet is if you used them, and can't get passed 30% or so, thenthey didnt send them. And are sitting on them. <br />
    <br />
    I was told there was an MOU with vendors about not sitting on prints, as some vendors we taking prints over the summer. So parts of this may be outside of state police control.<br />
    <br />
    More to follow, here we go