<br />
<br />
<br />
ISRA Thursday Bulletin - January 16
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Right now, I am at the Shooting Hunting Outdoor Tradeshow (SHOT Show). The SHOT Show is where dealers, manufacturers, and outdoor media nationwide gather to see new guns, gear, and gadgets and to assess the state of the firearms industry and the political climate for gun owners everywhere. The SHOT Show is not open to the general public and individuals cannot buy anything here except an over-priced meal. The SHOT Show is put on by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), whose purpose is to represent dealers and manufacturers. The National Rifle Association's (NRA) largest celebration of the year, NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, is essentially similar to the SHOT Show but is open to their members and the general public; the celebration is in Indianapolis this year and you should plan to attend! [/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I go to the SHOT Show as a media person. While I, just like you, like the new stuff, my concentration is on political intelligence, new training materials, and promoting the ISRA. Meeting contacts that can help our cause is a large part of the job. There are people I meet here that I cannot meet anywhere else. There are a couple of things I have learned from my many years of coming to the SHOT Show: [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]1. There are companies that can make products faster than you could possibly buy them. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]2. No matter how many thingamabobs, whatchamacallits, or whatsits there are, you cannot buy anything that will make you a good shot-only perfect practice will make you a good shot. Not that there aren't good ideas here that can help you, because there are. In the end, you cannot buy excellent marksmanship skills; you have to build them yourself. Thank goodness! [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]In the meantime, the Illinois Concealed Carry License (ILCCL) applications are rolling along. There are some bumps and I suppose there always will be when using a new system but thing are slowly getting better. I think we will see some permits issued as early as mid-February. Remember-an application (complete with fingerprints) will sit for 30 days while your background check is being done; an application submitted without fingerprints can take up to 60 days to complete the background check. Thus meaning the entire ILCCL application process can take up to 90 days with a set of fingerprints, and 120 days without the fingerprints. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The plans for IGOLD are now underway. Please plan to attend. IGOLD is Wednesday, March 5th, 2014. See you there. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for being a member.[/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director
[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]In the News[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Judge Gives Chicago 6 Months to OK Gun Sales Law[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The Calguns Foundation Wins Handgun Carry Lawsuit Against the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department and Sheriff Lee Baca[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Local authorities overwhelmed by gun applications[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The once-and-future gun stores of Chicago[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Surfing in Blood (part 3): A little bit of everything.[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Skimming the MAIG E-Mails[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]ISRA Academy[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] AR15 - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Jan 25 [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] AK47, SKS, Moisin-Nagant - Care and Maintenance - Chatsworth - Feb 1 [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] AK47, SKS, Moisin-Nagant - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Feb 8 [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Legislative[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]CCW Prior Training Credit[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Concealed Carry Fireams Instructor Information[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]District/Official Search Page[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Gun Shows[/font]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif](Check our [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]calendar for more details![/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Mattoon Gun Show [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Jan 18 & 19 Mattoon Eagle Club 1917 Oak Avenue, Mattoon, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Kankakee Gun Show [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Jan 18-19 Kankakee County Fairgrounds Kankakee, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Princeton Gun Show [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Jan 25 & 26 Bureau County Fairgrounds Princeton, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Paris American Legion Gun Show [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Jan 25 - 26 Paris, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Woodstock Gun Show [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Jan 26 240 N. Throop Street Woodstock, IL[/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Notices[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Illinois State Police (ISP) concealed carry license (CCL) information[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]ISP Listing of Concealed Carry Firearms Instructors[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]What has the ISRA done to support your firearm rights? Has anyone ever asked you this? Click here![/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today![/font]