July 13 July 28
Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Wisconsin does not qualify for non-resident licenses.

When I got back from vacation this week, my snail mail from the Illinois Digital ID people had arrived, so I started my non-resident application. I got stopped at 30% by the fact that only residents of Hawaii are currently allowed to apply for non-resident permits.<br />
(I edited my DL number on the screen shot I'm posting.)<br />
<br />
Those anti-gun horse's rectums better hope I don't win Powerball this week, because the mood I'm in, I would have no problem dropping $25 million on the gun stores closest to Chicago and Springfield to sponsor a $1 Glock sale for the first 50,000 people showing their CCW permits.<br />
<br />
I've already put in for March 5th off (IGOLD http://igold.isra.org/ ). I hope the IRSA will run buses from Rockford to Springfield again.<br />
<br />
Snidely Whiplash
Tagged:

Comments

• Snide,<br />
    <br />
    I just reviewed the law as written on ilga.gov website, and I see nothing there that they are excluding any State.<br />
    <br />
    So, maybe their computers aren't all up to speed yet.<br />
    <br />
    WR<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    (430 ILCS 66/40) <br />
    Sec. 40. Non-resident license applications. <br />
    (a) For the purposes of this Section, "non-resident" means a person who has not resided within this State for more than 30 days and resides in another state or territory.<br />
    (b) The Department shall by rule allow for non-resident license applications from any state or territory of the United States with laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under this Act.
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    Subject: Re: Site tells me Wisconsin does not qualify for non-resident license.<br />
    To: kevin@kevingoebel.com<br />
    Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:59:21<br />
    <br />
    Sir,<br />
    <br />
    This is listed under Requirements prior to applying for a concealed carry license.<br />
    <br />
    NON-RESIDENTS<br />
    <br />
    In accordance with 430 ILCS 66/40 (b), out of state residents may be eligible for an Illinois Concealed carry License if your state meets the definition of substantially similar as established by rule. See 20 Il. Admin. Code 1231.10. Currently, the states identified below have been determined to have laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under Illinois law; and, therefore, may apply for an Concealed Carry License. This list will be updated as additional states are identified as substantially similar. Further Information concerning the regulations for non-resident applications can be found at 20 Il. Admin. Code 1231.110.<br />
    <br />
    Hawaii is the only reciprocal state at this time.<br />
    <br />
    Regards,<br />
    lg<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    To: CCW_ILLINOIS@isp.state.il.us,<br />
    Date: 02/03/2014 10:15 PM<br />
    Subject: Site tells me Wisconsin does not qualify for non-resident license.<br />
    <br />
    I got my digital ID today and when I tried to file my CCW application I got the message that Wisconsin does not qualify. I meet the eligibility rules for Non-residents, have my training certificate and my notarized affidavit. Can you tell me if I am missing something on the web site, or if not, do you know how soon will Wisconsin residents be allowed to apply for a non-residential permit?<br />
    <br />
    Thank you,<br />
    <br />
    Kevin Goebel
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    http://www.hawaiirifleassociation.org/hawaii-gun-laws<br />
    " PLACE TO KEEP AND CARRY<br />
    <br />
    Concealed carry and open carry are felonies without a permit to do so from the chief of police of your county. Although allowed by law in special circumstances of threat to self or property, the chiefs policy at present is to grant only to law enforcement and those military and security guards whose duties specifically require such. Private citizens are denied. Hawaii is a may issue and only with cause state."<br />
    <br />
  • Well that sucks!!!!