Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Saving the print version of the Cowboy Chronicle

After reading page 7 of the March Cowboy Chronicle, I decided to renew my SASS membership a little early. Apparently, the printed version of the Cowboy Chronicle is close to becoming history. They are requiring a separate annual payment ($35.00) to continue receiving a printed version of the paper, and if they don't get at least 5000 requests for the printed version, they will discontinue it altogether due to rising production costs and their small subscription base.<br />
<br />
I would hate to see it discontinued. I've only been a SASS member since 2009, but I enjoy reading the print version of the Cowboy Chronicle. Somehow, a PDF copy on a monitor just doesn't feel Old West to me. If you haven't read "Changing of the Guard" story in the March Chronicle, I suggest you do. There are changes coming to the Chronicle, including the editorial staff.<br />
<br />
If you'd like to continue getting the print version of the Chronicle, you need to pony up some cash soon, else the low circulation causes the passing of the printed paper.<br />
<br />
Snidely Whiplash.

Comments

• yeah,i've been on top of that.I renewed my dues early. total cost to me was $88.70 something.I started in 2002,i got most of them yet.I got them stacked up in my home office, there about over 3 feet high.I would think they should be able to cover the 5'000 with out a problem?I had the pleasure of living in the best of times, in the 1940's and fifties.Todays world sucks.Thats why I joined SASS.
  • I bought a 3 year membership and it's good till 7/2016. Thought I might be Grandfathered in till 7/2016 with the renewal then pay the new price. Well that was wrong found out when I called, so it cost me $81.67 to update the Chronical subscription till my member renew date. Just the Price we pay to have FUN. Rough Rider Ron #96353