Thursday Bulletin 4-10-14

<br />
ISRA Thursday Bulletin - April 10
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]As most of you know, Otis McDonald passed away last week. He was a true American Hero as well as a friend. When God sent us Otis McDonald, he gave us all a gift. Thank you Otis for all you have done for us, and God bless you! Please remember his wife Laura and keep his family in your prayers. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]On Monday, it was reported that a fully licensed Firearms Concealed Carry License (FCCL) holder had fired at two men who tried to accost him. No one was injured and there was no property damage. The FCCL had done its job and the permit holder was not charged. Word travels fast in any street-wise environment so I am sure not only are there two guys considering alternate career options but there are others who are re-evaluating their career choice as well. The reason I say that is because during an interview Monday morning, I was told that crime in Chicago has fallen to the lowest level since 1958. Some say it is a coincidence, and some say it is better policing; I say it is because of concealed carry. Since the law was passed, crime rates in Chicago have been on the decline. Would I stoop so low as to say "I told you so?" Yeah, I would. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]In Springfield, things are still bogged down and nothing is moving. That's fine for now. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Saturday, June 21st will be ISRA's NRA Day at the ISRA Range. We are looking for volunteers, so if you can help, please volunteer. Here are links to PDF and DOC versions of the volunteer form: <br />
www.isra.org/calendar/ISRA_Open_House_Volunteer_Form_2014.docx & <br />
www.isra.org/calendar/ISRA_Open_House_Volunteer_Form_2014.pdf; please fill it out and return it as soon as possible. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]In case you haven't heard, Attorney General Eric Holder thinks that that gun owners should be forced to wear a bracelet in order to shoot their firearms. The electronic bracelets would allow the firearm to be fired. I'm sure the government could turn off the bracelets and therefore the firearms at will. This is another attack on your Second Amendment Rights. November is coming. Good grief! [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Wisconsin now allows Illinois FCCL holders to carry in Wisconsin.[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for being a member. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director
[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]