Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Something missing in the review

[font=times new roman,times,serif]The "BBQ King" got a nice write up in the local paper, but I believe that they missed [/font][font=times new roman, times, serif]something. Thinking this is the place that has one of those NO GUNS signs at the entrance. (Woodstock, IL)[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Believe that SK can confirm this as he lives near there. I've never been comfortable disarming myself in a parking lot where the whole world can see you doing it and perhaps break into the vehicle and steal the guns after you leave. For that matter I'm not comfortable supporting any business that doesn't want its patrons to be armed or have the ability to defend themselves. [/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman', times, serif]Don't care how good the food is it's not a good trade off for 2nd Amendment rights.[/font]

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    During Wisconsin's battle to obtain a CCW permit system, we always had to contend with State Representative Jennifer Shilling, now State Senator: http://legis.wiscons...es/default.aspx (an ex-FIB). She was anti-gun due to the massacre of her parents and 5 of their employees at Brown's Chicken, in Palatine, IL, back in 1993.<br />
    http://en.wikipedia....hicken_massacre<br />
    <br />
    She always argued that additional tragedies like her family would occur if Wisconsin got a concealed carry law. I can understand her head being screwed on backwards by that tragedy, but not why some friend didn't clue her in that she sounded pretty stupid arguing that preventing a law arming law-abiding citizens would keep the number of homicidal robbers at large in check, especially since lack of concealed carry in Illinois didn't save her parents.<br />
    <br />
    I have no idea if her parents were pro-or-anti-gun, it might have made a difference that night if one of the 3 adult employees murdered with them had been packing a concealed firearm. I think there have been enough similar news stories around the country that people paying attention know if someone with a gun walks into your business and demands your cash, you hand it over - if they tell you to get into the back room, the cooler, or that you are coming along as a hostage against police interference, you might as well go down fighting.<br />
    <br />
    --<br />
    <br />
    From the Wikipedia link above: "The incident had an adverse effect on the entire Brown's Chicken franchise. Sales at all restaurants dropped 35 percent within months of the incident, and the company eventually had to close 100 restaurants in the Chicago area."<br />
    <br />
    I avoid No Guns businesses whenever I can. Fortunately in Janesville, none of the grocery stores, the Kwik Trip gas stations, the local multi-screen movie theater or my favorite bookstore ban guns. I used to stop at the Edgerton Piggly Wiggly for their deli and bakery stuff when returning home from shooting at the Stoughton Conservation Club, but they posted the signs and lost my business.<br />
    <br />
    I like Culver's butter-burgers and the fact that they haven't gone anti-gun, despite being victimized by Open Carry knotheads before Wisconsin got the concealed carry permit. http://www.isthmus.c...p?article=35497<br />
    <br />
    Anyone know if the Famous Daves BBQ http://www.famousdav...aves.com/home in Rockford or Algonquin are posted? I'll have to check the one in Janesville, it's been a couple of years since I've dined there.<br />
    <br />
    Snidely Whiplash
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    The only Famous Dave's I see listed are one in Ohio and one in Mass. We had a flurry of postings here at the beginning but most of them were misinformed and removed the signs after being approached. My favorite gas station, my bank and my car dealer were all initially posted but are not now.<br />
    <br />
    The dickweed at BBQ King is unmoving. This was posted back in April-<br />
    <br />
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(232, 234, 235)]BBQ King Smokehouse in Woodstock is posted on their front door. I asked the manager this weekend about the sign (thinking it might be due to alcohol sales over 50%) and he said that this is not the case. He said the owner is a "big gun guy" but does not want ccl holders in his restaurant. I have added them to the Posted! app.[/background][/font]