Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

My last hair cut

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Every four to six weeks I go and get buzzed (hair that is) at one of the local "Great Clips." Pulled up today and found one of those "No Guns" signs on the door. Like a good boy I disarmed myself in the parking lot (Forgot to put the "FREE GUNS IN THIS VEHICLE" sign on the car). Anyway, I figured I was already there and friend wife was bitching that I needed a haircut so I gave them one of those "No Guns - No Money" cards after spending the five minutes to get the haircut[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=times new roman,times,serif]Then came home and sent off what is below to corporate and another location that might eventually get to the franchise.[/font]<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
My last hair cut! Ever, at least at the Cary location<br />
<br />
<br />
Hoping that this might get back to corporate<br />
<br />
or maybe the Cary Franchise owner...<br />
<br />
<br />
While I realize that posting the "No Guns" sign on the door would probably be the individual franchise's decision, it will prevent me from ever returning to that location. Probably no big deal for the franchise as it's only ten bucks every four to six weeks or so but the employees are losing the five or six dollar tip that I always gave. Not sure when the sign went up, but then there probably are a number of other concealed carry customers that will no longer patronize the business. Really, who does that sign prevent from entering?<br />
<br />
For those law abiding individuals that have taken the time, expense and proper training to carry concealed they will no longer enter. If they disarm themselves in the parking lot they might as well put a sign on their vehicle saying "Free Guns In This Vehicle" to alert any miscreant that a "smash & grab" would be profitable here. Is that sign going to prevent the criminal from coming in armed or carrying a firearm, when by definition he/she is probably already not allowed to possess or carry? You have to be a special kind stupid to think it does anything but give the owner the "warm fuzzies" and create a target rich environment for the criminal who reads the sign as an invitation and advertisement to "unarmed sheep" at this location. <br />
<br />
Again, taking up space for the five minutes that it takes to buzz my dinosaur head is probably better served elsewhere.<br />
<br />
Happy Holidays,<br />
<br />
jim

Comments

• dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Good on ya, JJ! Let them know. BTW, Joe's barber shop in Crystal Lake is not posted, at least the last time I was there. $12 for seniors.<br />
    <br />
    Question: Did you get BOTH of your hairs cut! That's about $7 per hair, pricey.
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Where be Joe's Barber Shop?[/font]
    edited December 2014
    Downtown crystal Lake, across from the Rau theater. Has a big red and white spirally thing out front.<br />
    <br />
    http://joesbarber.com/
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    My daughter at Salon 334 right down the street from the pink pig also doesn't care if you carry.<br /><br />My daughter at Salon 334 right down the street from the pink pig also doesn't care if you carry.
  • Wrangler RichWrangler Rich Bronc Stomper
    edited December 2014
    'Saguaro wrote:
    <br />
    My daughter at Salon 334 right down the street from the pink pig also doesn't care if you carry.<br />
    <br />
    My daughter at Salon 334 right down the street from the pink pig also doesn't care if you carry.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Hey John, did you have to say that ^ twice because JJ doesn't hear real well?
    'Wrangler wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Hey John, did you have to say that ^ twice because JJ doesn't hear real well?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No, you just have to wake him up first.
  • My wife doesn't have our grooming salon posted and you get a free ribbon. been getting my haircuts there for XX years.
  • Just where does she tie that ribbon when she's finished, Harry?
    'Filthy wrote:
    <br />
    My wife doesn't have our grooming salon posted and you get a free ribbon. been getting my haircuts there for XX years.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    JJ has been know to bark and bite. I'd be careful.
  • Good dogs get the grooming noose around the neck to hold them still. Biters get an extra one attached to hold them still. Never mind where we put that one.
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    'Filthy wrote:
    <br />
    Good dogs get the grooming noose around the neck to hold them still. Biters get an extra one attached to hold them still. Never mind where we put that one.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's more incentive to see JJ sporting a "poodle cut".<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Snidely Whiplash