How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

ISRA Thursday Bulletin - Dec 4, 2014

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font]
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]We have already begun working on legislation for the new 99th General Assembly which begins on January 14, 2015. The first two weeks of the new General Assembly appear to be quiet to most casual observers. Underneath the surface there is an effort to propose, research, and write new legislation to be heard in the upcoming session. Most of this legislation will appear in the first two weeks of February.
[/font][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Most of you already know that IGOLD will be on March 18th, 2015. Many of you have told us that you love the IGOLD pins; we will bring them back for 2015. I want you to make every effort to attend this event. To hear Lt. Col. David Grossman speak is a fabulous opportunity. You don't want to miss it!
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I usually start writing the Thursday Bulletin on Monday night and by Wednesday it must be updated and ready to go. Tonight, which is Monday, as I walked to the hotel I ran into two young men in a parking lot and one hundred yards later, two more. The first two walked out of seemingly nowhere so I turned toward them and said "Good Evening" and they replied back with the same. They had not expected that. I went one way and they went another. When I got to the hotel and went into the restroom there were two other young men who were obviously not patrons of the hotel. Once again I looked them in the eye and said "Good Evening" and they disappeared through the door. When I left the restroom they were outside. I shot them a glance and went down the hallway to the lobby to report them to the hotel. They vanished.
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I will say that my Glock 42, along with my extra magazine, were as comforting as a fuzzy blanket on a chilly winter evening. The point of all of this is that you never know when or where things might happen; then, of course, the fact that two incidents happened within a few minutes of each other was surprising. If you think it won't happen here, and now, or again, you might very well be wrong.
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The ISRA office will be closed for a few hours on Friday, December 5th. Please leave a message on our answering machine and we will call you back as soon as possible.
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for being a member.
[/font][/font]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Richard Pearson[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]ISRA Executive Director[/font]
[/font]<br />
<br />
<br />
Please donate to the Legal Assistance Committee!
The Illinois State Rifle Association Legal Assistance Committee (LAC) is a 501(c)(3) charity under the IRS tax code and, therefore, donations made by midnight December 31st will qualify as an itemized tax deduction. Check with your tax advisor for full information on deducting donations.
[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
News
[/font]<br />
<br />
[/font]<br />
Illustrating Chicago Values<br />
Huffpo: Bloomberg Winning <br />
<br />
Brady Campaign Loses Bid to Trigger NJ Smart Gun Law <br />
<br />
Too much awesome in one photo.<br />
<br />
<br />
Notices
[/font]<br />
Check out ISRA's new modern website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!<br />
NRA Foundation grant money is still available for youth camps. Please apply as soon as possible. If interested, please call the ISRA office at 815.635.3198.
[/font]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Illinois State Police (ISP) [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]concealed carry license [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif](CCL) information[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Follow the ISRA on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Twitter[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] and [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Facebook[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif].[/font]
[/font]<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Give the gift of an [/font][font='Times New Roman', serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]ISRA membership[/font][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]. Not an ISRA Member? [/font][font='Times New Roman', serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]Join Today[/font][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]![/font]